What security measures do you implement when deploying apps or dev environments?
Standing Cloud implements the following security measures when deploying applications or development environments to supported cloud providers:
- Engage in best practices for general server security
- Firewall implementation
- Tweak Apache configs to optimize security based on size of your server
- Encrypt all backups
- Disable root login via passwords
- Multi-tier architectures deployed through Standing Cloud encrypt communication between all servers
- All admin passwords are auto-generated (not as simple as 'admin/admin')
- We are constantly adding up to date versions of our applications and allow users to upgrade from within our console. (The choice to upgrade the application is available to the user, and plug-in upgrades are the responsibility of the user)
- We can block all public access and only allow connection through VPN if that is desired
Have additional questions regarding security? Please post them on our forum.