(This guest post appears courtesy of our friends at PyroCMS, developers of a fast-growing, community-driven Content Management System built with the PHP framework CodeIgniter. You can read the original post here.)
We have been quietly working on some new features for some time and we are eager to show them to you. The first is PyroCMS Hosted.
We have been working with a Colorado-based company called Standing Cloud to bring you a product that we believe you will love: PyroCMS Professional hosted on your choice of cloud provider.
We considered building our own solution from scratch, but this has a number of advantages to any other hosting provider you may find as you can choose from among more than 15 leading cloud hosts right from our interface! Whether you want to host with Amazon, Rackspace, VPS.net, Linode, etc. we have you covered. However if down the road you decide that the one you chose just isn't cutting it anymore, you can migrate to another cloud provider, all from the console at https://hosting.pyrocms.com
While installing PyroCMS is typically very easy, PyroCMS Hosted takes it to a whole new level: one click. You can try it now if you like; Everybody gets a free installation to play with for 2 hours. Just head over to https://www.pyrocms.com/hosting and click on the "Try It Free" button. A new server will be created on Rackspace and in a few minutes you will have your own installation of PyroCMS Professional. Start adding content if you like, it's totally yours. When the 2 hours is up you can restore the installation for another 2 hours if you like or you can upgrade to the paid service so the site stays live continuously.
With hosted PyroCMS you get a number of features included in the monthly fee:
- Every installation is PyroCMS Professional
- Install multiple instances of PyroCMS on one server
- Migrate between cloud providers
- Automatic backup every 24 hours (the frequency can be changed)
- Clone your site to test new changes before taking them live
- When new versions of PyroCMS are released you can upgrade your site with a couple clicks
- Auto migrate to a different cloud if the one you chose goes down
- You have SSH as well as FTP access to the server
- Free subdomain on PyroCluster.com or buy a custom domain and use it instead
- Add SMTP settings to the server instead of setting them in each instance of PyroCMS
This simple video breaks it all down for you. Have fun trying the service out and let us know how it goes. If you have questions or troubles with the hosting service contact email@example.com for assistance. Any questions about PyroCMS itself should be directed to our forum or to our issue tracker on GitHub as usual.